- The Association between the Perception of Age-Friendly City Features and the Mental Health Status of the Elderly in Photaram District, Ratchaburi Province, Thailand
Background: Since the growth of the elderly population has been continuously increasing, the World Health Organization proposed the concept of the age-friendly city in 2007 as a response to the aging society with an aim for healthy lives among the elderly. This study aimed to learn about demographi...
Author : Supattra Assawamaitree, Prathurng Hongsranagon
Keyword (s) : Age-friendly city; Elderly and mental health; Thailand
- Assessment of Need for Elderly in Community in Hang Dong District, Chiang Mai Province, Thailand Using Camberwell Assessment of Need for the Elderly Questionnaire (CANE)
Background: The population ageing is an inevitable demographic change occurring in many countries including Thailand. Therefore, the actual need of the elderly should be evaluated properly in order to manage the continuing growth of the ageing society. This study aimed to identify the needs and the ...
Author : Piyanuch Tiativiriyakul, Peter Xenos
Keyword (s) : Elderly; Care for elderly; Camberwell Assessment of Need for the Elderly Questionnaire (CANE); Thailand
- Factors Affecting the Emotional Intelligence of Primary School (Prathomsuksa 3) Students in Muang District, Nonthaburi Province, Thailand
Background: In 2016 the average EQ level was about 45.12 (the standard level of EQ was changed from 140 to 50). Therefore the problem of the EQ of students has increased dramatically. Not only that, in 2009, the children living with both their parents decreased from 62%. This study aimed to: 1) stu...
Author : Phattraporn Thewaaksorn, Montakarn Chuemchit
Keyword (s) : Emotional intelligence; Primary school; Students; Thailand
- Patterns of Heroin Use and Risk Behaviors among Prisoners, Colombo, Sri Lanka
Background: All drug users and abusers who end up with significant health and social complications are not known. Heroin use patterns and risk behaviors can cause adverse results for users as well as society. The purpose of this study is to assess the patterns of heroin use and heroin user’s, ...
Author : Theruwani N. Dissanayake, Chitlada Areesantichai
Keyword (s) : Heroin use; Risk behaviors; Prisoners; Sri Lanka
- Lung Cancer in Relation to Smoking, Including Relighting Cigarette Butts: Kathmandu Valley: “An Unmatched Case Control Study”
Background: Lung cancer is one of the most common cancer in Nepal causing 14.1%of total death among cancer. Nepal is a developing country with poor socio-economic and human development. The rate of lung cancer patient is in an increasing trend. Tobacco smoking is one of the major risk factors causin...
Author : Deepshikha Rajya Laxmi Rana
Keyword (s) : Lung cancer; Cigarette smoking; Relighting of cigarette butts; Nepal
- Knowledge, Belief and Practice of Menstrual Hygiene Management among in-School Adolescents in Katsina State, Nigeria
Background: In Nigeria menstruation tends to be an unmentionable topic of discuss, bounded by silence in the name of culture and blanketed in myths and misconceptions; yet, menstruation and menstrual hygiene are emerging as critical issues for gender equality and inclusion, human rights and developm...
Author : Ifeoma Stella Okafor-Terver, Montakarn Chuemchit
Keyword (s) : In-school adolescents; Menstrual hygiene management (MHM); Water sanitation and hygiene facilities (WASH); Nigeria
- Household Environmental Factors and Childhood Acute Respiratory Infection in Bangladesh: Findings from National
Background: Unsustainable household environmental factors influences the risk of under 5 morbidities. The prevalence of childhood acute respiratory infection (ARI) considerably high in Bangladesh. The objective of this study was to find out the associations of household environmental factors and ARI...
Author : Shakina Sultana
Keyword (s) : Household environment; Acute respiratory infection; Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey; Bangladesh
- Social Stigmatization Access to Services and Service Satisfaction among Transgender Persons at Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center - Tangerine Project: a Qualitative Study
Background: Transgender has become an umbrella term to mean all those who are cross sex. There has been much progress in women’s rights. The gay rights movement has come much more recently, and in many environments. Transsexuals, crossdressers, intersexual, and visibly "gay" men and women ofte...
Author : Chanathip Laphon, Montakarn Chuemchit
Keyword (s) : Transgender; Stigmatization; Services satisfaction; Transgender women (TW); Transgender men (TM); Life-grid; Thailand; Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center (TRCAC)
- Assessment of HIV/AIDS Preventive Practice among Myanmar Female Sex Workers in Mae Sot District, Tak Province, Thailand
Background: Myanmar female sex workers (MFSW) in Mae Sot district, Tak province, Thailand are seriously at risk of HIV/AIDS infection and transmission due to their profession and their migration status. They hardly access and/or being accessed to HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment services by health...
Author : Napapan Der Kinderen, Tepanata Pumpaibool
Keyword (s) : Preventive practice; Condom use; HIV/AIDS; HIV/AIDS Prevention; Cross-border migrant workers; Myanmar Female Sex Workers; Thailand
- Factors Associated with Diarrhea among Children Less Than 5 Years Old in Sudan: a Secondary Analysis of Sudan Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey 2014
Background: Diarrhea is the passage of three or more loose or liquid stools per day (or feces are discharged frequently from the bowl than the normal for the person). It is a leading cause of mortality and morbidity in children under the age of five in developing countries especially in the Sub-Sah...
Author : Tesfit Brhane Netsereab, Peter Xenos
Keyword (s) : Diarrhea; Multiple indicator cluster survey 2014; Risk factors; Sudan
- Premenstrual Syndrome and Sleep Quality among Private Hospital Nurses in Bangkok, Thailand
Background: Premenstrual syndrome is a recurrent disorder in the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. The common sleep problems associated with premenstrual syndrome are insomnia, night time awakenings, and non-restoration of sleep. A nurse is a profession that tends to have more circadian rhythms d...
Author : Irada Winyuchakrit, Nutta Taneepanichskul
Keyword (s) : Sleep quality; Premenstrual syndrome; Nurses; Private hospital