- Patients’ attitude toward diabetes mellitus screening in Thai dental clinics
Purpose – Diabetes mellitus (DM) is an important health problem throughout the world. Association between DM and oral diseases has been reported and dental clinic is indicated to be one of the suitable venues for the screening of DM. The purpose of this paper is to determine patients’ attitude...
Author : Chanita Tantipoj, Narin Hiransuthikul, Sirirak Supa-amornkul, Vitool Lohsoonthorn, Siribang-on Piboonniyom Khovidhunkit
Keyword (s) : Thailand; Attitude; Screening; Diabetes mellitus; Dental clinic; Dental patient
- The development of neonatal nursing standards of practice for Cambodia: a Delphi study
Purpose – Cambodia has one of the highest death rates for children under five years of age in Southeast Asia. The high mortality rate of children under five years of age, especially the neonate is 35 per 1,000 for the period zero to four years. There are no neonatal nursing standards of practice to ...
Author : Manila Prak, Suvinee Wivatvanit
Keyword (s) : Cambodia; Neonatal nursing standards; Neonatal nurses
- Assessment of the validity and reliability of an urban household health expenditure (HHE) questionnaire in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Purpose – Out-of-pocket (OOP) payments continue to be a major method of financing healthcare in many low- and middle-income countries including Malaysia. Although macro-level data show that this is a substantial percentage of national health expenditure, at the grassroots level, the amount spent on ...
Author : Murallitharan Munisamy, Tharini Thanapalan, Pattaraporn Piwong, Alessio Panza, Sathirakorn Pongpanich
Keyword (s) : Malaysia; Health systems; Household health expenditure; Health financing; Out-of-pocket health expenses; Health equity
- The effects of unilateral Swedish massage on the neural activities measured by quantitative electroencephalography (EEG)
Purpose – It is generally accepted that massage can provide a lot of benefits to human health, especially for the brain functions. Little is known about the effect of unilateral massage on the brain activities. Nowadays, Swedish massage is a modern massage technique that is popular in both treatment...
Author : Nattakarn Kaewcum, Vorasith Siripornpanich
Keyword (s) : Absolute power; Brain waves; Electroencephalography; Swedish massage; Unilateral massage
- Analytical study of training program factors to develop the competency of regional operating officer (ROO) in the virtual service provider office (VSPO) in Thailand
Purpose – Virtual regional service provider is a key management mechanism created to realize the health service system development plans and a mechanism established to bring about integration of all elements of the health system. However, a virtual service provider office (VSPO) to support the work ...
Author : Phongpisanu Boonda, Aree Preedeekul, Phataraphon Markmee
Keyword (s) : Thailand; Competency development; Virtual service provider office
- The use of a pedometer with or without a supervised exercise program for control of pre- to mild hypertension A randomized control trial and follow-up study in Thailand
Purpose – Exercise training has been shown to be an effective and integral component of nonpharmacological intervention for the control of blood pressure. The purpose of this paper is to compare the effectiveness of a supervised modified exercise program of moderate-intensity exercise for one hour p...
Author : Sukanya Chongthawonsatid, Wipawee Chinjenpradit
Keyword (s) : Thailand; Hypertension; Follow-up studies; Fitness centres; Exercise
- Parental feeding practice is associated with child’s body mass index in Thai school-aged children A case study in Don Tum district, Nakhon Pathom, Thailand
Purpose – Parental feeding practice (PFP) plays an important role in child’s eating behavior and weight status, but less information is available about its role in the Thai family setting. The purpose of this paper is to examine the influence of PFP on child’s gender and body mass index ...
Author : Uruwan Yamborisut, Piyanuch Visetchart, Wiyada Thasanasuwan, Weerachat Srichan, Rittirong Unjana
Keyword (s) : Body mass index; Feeding practice; Pressure to eat; Restriction; Thai children
- Diversity of foods among older people in northern communities of Thailand: Ways to promote health and wellness
Purpose – Due to the increasing population and diverse lifestyles of aging people in Thailand, close examination of their needs and health care problems is required. Availability and accessibility of food affects the health and well-being of aging people in the community; therefore, to enhance their...
Author : Nisachon Bubpa, Khanitta Nuntaboot
Keyword (s) : Food security; Older people; Critical ethnography research; Community nurse; Health personnel