- The effects of an educational program on knowledge, attitudes and intentions regarding condom and emergency contraceptive pill use among Thai female university students
Purpose University students who have low knowledge, attitudes and intentions regarding the prevention of unintended pregnancies may experience higher rates of unintended pregnancies. An educational program was developed based on the self-efficacy theory and peer-led education to improve unintended...
Author : Saowanee Thongnopakun, Tepanata Pumpaibool, Ratana Somrongthong
Keyword (s) : Educational program; Peer-led education; Condom and emergency contraceptive pills use; Unintended pregnancy; Pregnancy in adolescence-prevention and control
- Factors related to methamphetamine relapse risk among clients in the substance rehabilitation center of National Narcotics Board in West Java, Indonesia
Purpose This purpose of this paper is to describe methamphetamine relapse risk, examine the relationship between factors in the dynamic model of relapse and methamphetamine relapse risk.
Design/methodology/approach A total of 165 clients from the Substance Rehabilitation Center of National Na...
Author : Gian Nurmaindah Hendianti, Penpaktr Uthis
Keyword (s) : Rehabilitation; Methamphetamine; Relapse risk; Dynamic model of relapse
- Prevalence and predictors of tobacco use among Bhutanese adolescents
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to examine the prevalence of tobacco use and associated factors influencing the use of tobacco among adolescents in a school setting.
Design/methodology/approach A cross-sectional descriptive study was conducted amongst Bhutanese adolescents studying at hi...
Author : Sonam Rinchen, Surasak Taneepanichskul, Namgay Dawa
Keyword (s) : Adolescent health; Bhutan; Tobacco use
- Delaying first pregnancy in reducing burden of unintended pregnancy among married adolescents in urban slums of Bangladesh: A situation analysis
Purpose The purpose of this paper is to assess the effect of delaying first pregnancy in reducing burden of unintended pregnancy (UP) among married adolescent girls in urban slums of Bangladesh.
Design/methodology/approach This cross-sectional survey was conducted among 783 married adolescent...
Author : Fauzia Akhter Huda, Anisuddin Ahmed, Hassan R. Mahmood, Faisal Ahmmed, Alessio Panza, Ratana Somrongthong
Keyword (s) : Bangladesh; Unintended pregnancy; Married adolescent girls; Delaying first pregnancy; Urban slums
- Medical pluralism for community health in Thammasen sub-district, Photharam district, Ratchaburi province, Thailand
Purpose When reviewing Community Health Development, it is necessary to understand the community context, including community health and details of medical pluralism (MP). The purpose of this paper is to correlate and predict between community health and related factors and delineate phenomenon of...
Author : Wipanun Muangsakul, Sunti Srisuantang, Ravee Sajjasophon
Keyword (s) : Well-being; Community health; Integrated care; Medical pluralism; Health factors